Wednesday, June 10, 2009

NEW JAP MAPLE!

I bought a Japanese Maple Acer palmatum 'Olsens Frosted Strawberry' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BE JEALOUS!!!!!!!
I have no pictures yet of my japanese Maple collection yet because man, am I scoring these babies left and right. I wish I had bought Ghost but I didn't. I wish I did. But I didn't. Sigh. Next time, I will. I have to stop impulse buying these trees but it's hard. I have a long property and keep thinking to myself that I can just keep them small and short. But anyways, my frosted strawberry is variegated and so sweet, brand spankin' new Variety. I got a few other things, new varieties and weird perennials in the greenhouse which im going to try but I have to pay off my big tree bill before I can go throw money to plants, left and right.

Sorry I fell off the face of the earth. Work's been driving us steadily into the ground and we're all tired for it. I can barely get my baby to bed before my eyes are closing and my head hits the pillow. Actually, It's gotten to a point where I'll be reading him a story, fall asleep and maybe wake up an hour later with him in the crookof my curled up body, reading ME a book!! Another few nights its been where we've fallen asleep together. I know! Im so sad! I can't stay up past nine sometimes. It's killing me.

That aside. Once I get everything planted, I'll go around and take cheesey pictures. I love trees. I seem to love Jap maples even more but my number one goal is to buy a six foot weeping Jap maple, cut leaf. heh. I'm waiting for it. That's going to be my big purchase for next year. Not this year. Only so many trees I should be buying in one year. Really, at this rate, I should be having a limit.

3 comments:

Helen said...

We need pictures. I repeat: we need pictures.

Helen said...

P.S. I used to do that reading my kids stories all the time, and I didn't have your excuse.

Andrea said...

Helen - my god. yes. We're so tired over here that pictures are delayed in the coming. Im thinking of hitting the market and seeing if I can snag a plant or two. heee. It's really bad because im slowly filling up my property without meaning to!